The purpose of Family Planning Council of Iowa is to provide quality reproductive health care and family planning services to all people in Iowa who desire such services.
Achieving Our Mission
We achieve our mission through a variety of ways. The principal means is through the use of Title X (ten) family planning funds from the federal government to provide family planning services in Iowa and we subcontract with six delegate agencies to provide family planning services to low-income people in local communities.
We envision an Iowa where sexual health results from responsible decision-making and access to care.
We accomplish this vision through:
- Building a positive community climate toward family planning, including adequate funding, with services included in managed care plans as essential community health services.
- Encouraging an internalized understanding and appreciation of sexual health, with informed decisions on reproductive health care.
- Encouraging family planning and education as effective ways to break the cycle of unintended pregnancy, infant mortality, child abuse and neglect.
- Encouraging healthy sexual relationships by preventing and treating sexually transmitted diseases and their health consequences.
Our Core Values
- Education: We believe all people, including teens and youth, have the right to evidence-based sexuality education.
- Organizational Responsibility: We believe in organizational responsibility with a commitment to excellence.
- Communication: We believe in effective communication.
- Advocacy: We believe that advocacy is a valued method for furthering the mission of our organization.
- Service Delivery System: We believe in a strong delivery system. We value our relationship with sub-recipients.
- Collaboration: We believe in collaboration as an effective means for accomplishing our mission.
- Diversity: We value and respect diversity.